Become a thought-leader in your industry ... and generate 2X the response from your marketing -- at half the cost ... by writing and giving away white papers and other valuable free content to your prospects.
More and more companies today are marketing with white papers and other free content offers.
And for good reason:
- Writing and publishing white papers is the quickest - and easiest - way to establish you or your company as a thought leader in your industry.
- Today's prospects - both business and consumer - are hungry for useful content and proactively seek information when making purchase decisions. The proof is that 80% of business purchases begin with an online search, and U.S. corporations spent $358 billion on content last year.
- Publishing and giving away useful content is a sure-fire way to build loyalty and goodwill with your prospects and customers. They view content and education as a value-added service provided by the premiere vendors who are not just peddling products but actually want to help their customers solve pressing business problems.
Yet despite the growing popularity of white papers and other free content offers - a marketing discipline some practitioners call edu-marketing or “educational marketing” - thousands of white papers hit the trash without a second glance.
It's not because educational marketing doesn't work, but because many marketers are not experienced in the art of creating winning educational marketing campaigns.
By that I mean white papers that strike the right balance between valuable content and promotion - thereby delivering content that impresses prospects while increasing sales.
It's not that white papers are so difficult to write. Rather, marketers don't know how to create strategic content offers that support the brand or enable the company to achieve its target objectives.
In an exclusive half-day workshop, I recently taught a select group of b-to-b marcom managers in the NY/NJ area how to create effective edu-marketing campaigns and increase ROI from free content offers. Some of the attendees drove as far as 2 hours just to get there!
Now, this same powerful learning experience is available to you on a set of professionally recorded and edited DVDs as a fun - and eye-opening - video-based course ... which you can preview in the privacy of your office or home risk-free for a full 3 months.
Creating winning white paper marketing campaigns - once difficult, now easy.
In my 2-DVD set, Marketing with White Papers, you'll see how to put together a compelling white paper marketing campaign that brings in tons of leads, orders and money for your business.
- Why you need to create a “bait piece” before you can fish for leads in your marketing campaign.
- How to make your white paper stand out from the thousands that are written and published every year.
- Using the Principle of Reciprocity to make the prospect feel obligated to pay attention to your marketing and sales presentations - and actually be inclined to choose you over other brands.
- How to convince your prospects to look for the exact features your product - and not your competitors - offer ... without making a sales pitch.
- Dr. Phil's “secret weapon” for becoming rich and famous ... and how you can use it to position yourself or your company as a thought leader in your industry.
- The 10 most popular topics for white papers - and how to choose the right topic for yours.
- Why you should almost never use the term “white paper” in your marketing copy ... and what you should call your white paper instead.
- 5 formulas for creating a great title for your next free white paper or special report.
- How to plan strategic white paper marketing campaigns - and reach all major buying influences -- with a “content matrix.”
- Don't have time to write a 10-page white paper? Write a one-page “tip sheet” instead. Just fill in this blank form and you're good to go.
- Impress prospects with your expertise by answering their questions and helping them avoid these common mistakes.
- Mastering the 9-step white paper writing process. Plus: how to gather research from subject matter experts.
- A 7-step outline for creating the perfect white paper for your marketing campaign.
- Designing an attention-getting front cover for your white paper.
- Writing an effective Executive Summary and Statement of Problem.
- The importance of the Conclusions and Call to Action sections of your white paper to achieving your marketing objective.
- Rudolf Flesch's classic formula can help you write a clear, easy-to-read white papers and other content documents.
- Simple formula for doubling inquiry generation from your ads and other marketing.
- Determining how many drafts you need to write with the Exponential Curve of Excellence.
- Creating a graphic design template for your series of white papers.
- How visuals work to communicate and add credibility to written documents. Also: the 8 basic types of visuals ... and when to use each.
- Guides ... reportalogs ... special reports ... white papers ... e-books ... booklets ... rack brochures ... catalogs ... audio CDs ... software ... DVDs ... and other free content formats you can offer in your marketing campaign.
- How to generate inquiries for your white paper with direct mail - e-mail marketing - print ads - PR - and other marketing communications.
- A simple technique that can improve marketing ROI up to tenfold or more.
- What should you stress in your marketing - the brand message or your free content offer?
- How white papers augment the efficiency of the 12-step customer acquisition process.
- 4 steps to making more powerful offers in your marketing campaigns.
- How to convince the prospect that the free white paper you are offering actually has a high value.
- And much, much more....
"I've purchased your course on writing white papers. Just got a check in the mail today for $3,200 from a national company for writing a white paper for them! This works - thank you!"
But that's not all....
Order Marketing with White papers on a risk-free trial basis today, and you get a third DVD (a $97 value) - The 7 Keys to Successful Business-to-Business Marketing - absolutely FREE.
In your FREE Bonus DVD, you'll learn:
- The 7 critical differences between b-to-b and consumer marketing - and how to exploit them to your advantage.
- Compelling the prospect to respond to your promotion with “problem intensification” copywriting.
- 30 "power techniques" for boosting business-to-business marketing results.
- The 5-step Motivating Sequence - a proven formula for persuasive writing.
- How a simple change in the wording of the offer increased one software marketer's sales 10X - with no added marketing cost.
- Selling technology and business products using “false logic.”
- What visuals work best in b-to-b marketing communications? The answer may surprise you.
- How to increase advertising results by appealing to the reader's curiosity.
- The “drop in the bucket” technique for generating more orders from B2B direct mail.
- Get prospects to pay attention by using news and current events in your sales copy.
- Appealing to your prospect's ego and greed - two sure-fire attention getters.
- Double your response rates by offering valuable premiums.
- How to add a sense of urgency to your copy.
- Don't just state your Unique Selling Proposition - prove it with the Call-Out Technique.
- And more....
Plus, another $100 free gift for you
Order today and you'll receive another FREE GIFT - our 96-page e-book Marketing With Content: How to Position Yourself as a Thought Leader in Your Industry with Free Content Offers.
This is a verbatim transcript of the two-DVD set on marketing with white papers including reproductions of the actual PowerPoint slides on the video. It also contains bonus articles not found on the DVDs.
That way you have a permanent hard copy of the narration and visuals you can turn to as a desktop reference manual to content marketing again and again.
In Marketing with Content, you'll discover:
- Why giving away free content is an amazingly powerful marketing technique that most companies ignore. Page 4.
- Proven techniques for writing persuasive, clear, engaging content. Page 46.
- What Dr. Phil can teach you about becoming a leading expert in your industry or field. Page 7.
- Graphic templates for white paper design. Page 51.
- How to double your marketing results with an effective "bait piece." Page 9.
- The 7 types of visuals and how to use each when illustrating your white papers and free content offers. Page 54.
- The role of free content offers in the sales and marketing cycle - and where your white papers fit in. Page 11.
- Combining free content and sales copy in a "reportalog." Page 61.
- Build your opt-in subscriber list fast with a free-on-free name squeeze page. Page 15.
- How to create the perception that your free content offer has high perceive value - and then prove that it does. Page 62.
- 6 ways giving away free content helps you close more and bigger sales, more often. Page 17.
- Tips for designing result-getting e-books, booklets, rack brochures, and catalogs to use as free content offers. Page 68.
- Getting prospects to feel obligated to buy from you with the "principle of reciprocity." Page 18.
- Generating more leads and inquiries with electronic content premiums - audio cassettes, CDs, and DVDs. Page 71.
- How to become an "instant guru" in your field or niche. Page 20.
- Using direct mail, e-mail, ads, and other marketing communications to promote your free content offers. Page 73.
- 10 topics that are ideal for your next white paper or free content offers. Page 23.
- The proven "Conversion Model" for marketing with free content online. Page 79.
- Increase response rates to free content offers by choosing compelling titles. Page 26.
- What generates more sales - free content offers or branding messages? The answer will shock you. Page 81.
- Creating your Free Content Marketing Plan. Page 32.
- Integrating free content offers into your customer acquisition process. Page 84.
- 2 easy shortcuts for developing your first free content offer in just one day. Page 34.
- The 4 characteristics of a winning direct response offer and how to create them. Page 85.
- A systematic approach to producing and publishing valuable white papers. Page 38.
- The future of free content marketing in the 21st century. Page 89.
- The 7 sections every white paper should have ... and what to put in each. Page 41.
- 3 things that many marketers put in their white papers that you should leave out. Page 92.
- And so much more....
Order now and save $50
You can easily pay $3,000 to $5,000 or more to a top specialist to write just one white paper for your business.
But it won't cost you $5,000 ... or $3,000 ... or even $300 to take my home-study course on marketing with white papers.
Marketing with White Papers retails for $147. But order now at the special introductory rate and you save $50 off the cover price.
Your cost for the 2-DVD set is only $97. That's less than I charge my consulting clients for just 15 minutes of my time.
And that's the price you pay only if you agree with me that the educational marketing approach I teach in Marketing with White Papers can make a major - and lasting -- improvement in your marketing programs.
If it doesn't, your cost is zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Because now you can....
Use it risk-free for 90 days
If you are dissatisfied for any reason ... or for no reason at all ... just return all the DVDs to me (yes, including the Bonus DVD) within 90 days.
I'll refund your $97 payment in full. No questions asked. That way, you risk nothing.
One other thing....
If you are a copywriter or marketing advisor, and you are not suggesting to clients that they use white papers and other free content offers in their marketing, you are doing them - and yourself - a disservice.
As a COPYWRITER, you'll find that writing white papers is an extremely lucrative assignment ... with many writers charging $5,000 or more for each white paper they write.
As a MARKETER, you'll see your e-mail, ad, and direct mail response rates SOAR when you start offering free white papers in your marketing campaigns.
In fact, adding a free white paper offer to your existing marketing communications can easily double the leads, orders, and sales you generate!
So what are you waiting for?
To order Marketing with White Papers on a 90-day risk-free trial basis at the special introductory discount rate ... save $50 off the cover price ... and get your FREE Bonus DVD (a $97 value) ... just click below now:
But I urge you to hurry. This special discount offer is for a limited time only. And once it expires, it may never be repeated again.
P.S. Remember, order today and you get a copy of our new e-book Marketing with Content (a $97 value) absolutely FREE!
Best of all, this 96-page transcript with copies of the PowerPoint slides is yours to keep at no cost, even if you return the DVD set for a refund.
That way, you risk nothing: you get the entire contents of the program absolutely FREE. You can't lose!
A copywriter for more than a quarter of a century, Bob has written promotions for over 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, Intuit, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of 70 books including The Copywriter’s Handbook (Henry Holt) and Business-to-Business Direct Marketing (NTC Business Books). He has published more than 100 articles in such publications as Successful Meetings, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer’s Digest, and Amtrak Express.
Bob’s writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He has also taught marketing at New York University.
Mr. Bly has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation’s Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer. He was a featured speaker at the 2006 annual conference of the National Speakers Association.
After years of writing winning online copy that made his clients rich, Bob decided recently to launch his own Internet marketing business. In creating the “Internet Marketing Retirement Plan” in collaboration with Fred Gleeck, Bob took his online business from zero products - and zero income - to over $4,000 a week in net revenues. He did it in less than 6 months, and now is on target to make over $220,000 in annual online sales working just 20 minutes a week!
What they say about Bob Bly’s copy and counsel
“Good things are happening. I am getting a steady stream of Trial and Demo requests from the new site. These requestors are filling out the entire contact form. The site is simpler now, and I am still working to make it even more so. I appreciate your work.”
--Jim Romano, DataForceOne
“Thank you so much for your wonderful work. It has been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you on another project in the near future. You were always available, quick to answer questions and always exceeded my expectations. You truly are a gifted writer.”
--Aaron Griffith, The Griffith
“Bob, again thanks for the great copy. You consistently help us reach customers with compelling, actionable content, when others just can’t!”
--William McElleney, IBM
“The feedback keeps coming in and we all agree yours was a truly helpful, useful, insightful and effective workshop. You did a fantastic job inspiring the troops and we’ve already begun applying some of the key learnings.”
--Paul Connors, Copywriting Manager, A large financial services company in the Chicago area
“Bob...your creative work, patience, and ’partnership’ with us at IT Group has virtually propelled us to another level of business professionalism and recognition. The response we’ve received from your letters has been nothing short of tremendous. We’ve not only derived significant business from these unforgettable mailings - your efforts have sparked a creative energy within our ranks which will assist us in years to come. Thanks for your guidance and counsel.”
--John A. Fallone, IT Group International
“I hired Bob on his reputation, and found it is well-deserved. His fact-finding process in preparation to write our copy was both painless and enlightening. The final deliverables were right on time as promised, and better than expected - which is saying a lot because my expectations were high. The first time I read his copy for our project, I literally got chills down my back - he nailed it the first time. Wow.”
--Dennis Rosenberg, VP Marketing, VNUS Medical Technologies, Inc.
“Bob Bly did an amazing job with our company brochure. We are very impressed with his capacity to learn our product and to write copy so clearly and pointedly. Bob Bly is a great marketing investment.”
--Michael Manoussos, Manhole Barrier Systems
“Great white paper! I’m in favor of the entire submission. Please congratulate Bob on a great effort.”
--Michael C. Howard, Chasm Recovery
“Your Tax Loopholes ad looked great and is performing very well. Thanks for the strong copy.”
--Brian Kurtz, Boardroom
“You did an excellent job. It’s been a pleasure working with you on this project.”
--Edward Brunet, Decatur Professional Development, LLC
“Thank you very, very much for doing such a great job on the ad. I was one of those folks who would read the ads in the DAK catalog by Drew Kaplan and this was as enjoyable for me as that.”
--Chris Pickering, MeritDirect
“Bob . . . Just got the copy and advertisement you did for my new book . . . It’s great! You are good! Great job . . . you have tremendous insights into what excites and what sells!”
--Don Libey, Libey Incorporated
“In my opinion, you are the best copywriter in the software industry.”
--Judy MacDonald, Director of Marketing, Direct Response
“When I received the piece, I thought, I’ll have to skim over it now and read it later. But, once I started, I couldn’t stop! You did a GREAT job with Ken’s story. I love it. It kept me reading. I’m VERY pleased with it.”
--Craig Simpson, Ken Roberts Company
“Bob, it’s been a pleasure to work with you!!! Thank you so much! I’m very happy with the copy; I feel it will give me good results.”
--Alejandra P. Bigai, Romanicos Chocolate
“Thanks again for a great job.”
--Davis Ross, Ross Advertising
“I just wanted to thank you again for the excellent work you did for us. You are the man and I can’t tell you how much I admired your approach and service. Although I’ve never worked with a copywriter before, I think you set the standard pretty high. I look forward to working with you again. You certainly have my vote for the next round!”
--DP Jovine, Tycoon Research
“Great job - I’m always amazed at how you can boil the complex down into simple terms. It flows very well.”
--Kyle Hodgens, Capital Financial Media
“Thank you for the copy. I see why you’re the expert. It’s so simple, it’s brilliant.”
--Sau Hyoung Pak, Big Machine
“The radio spots are very well done. I am very impressed with your work and copywriting expertise. We will be making the changes to the print ad as you suggested. In the future we may work with you to design a totally new print ad. Again, I’d like to say I’m impressed with your services. You were prompt, informative, and definitely know your stuff. We will be recommending you to others and doing repeat business.”
--Joshua Andrews, Health Solutions, LLC
“When people get to the promotion, the promotion has a good conversion rate. In one test, it actually had a 14% conversion to sale ... can’t ask for much better than that.”
--David Galland, Casey Research
“I loved the ad! I don’t see any reason for revision so I have already put through a check request for the balance I owe you on the ad. We are very excited about this one. I can’t wait to see how it does. Thanks so much!”
--Alice Wessendorf, Agora Health Book
“I show off the work that we did on lead generation for negotiation - as well as the conversion program from HMCL - as big successes.”
--Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
“Thank you for being very instrumental on making the launch of the wealth management book such a resounding success. It was so successful that we had to request more copies.”
--Ingrid Boney, II
“Thanks, Bob! You are awesome to work with.”
--Matt Morsa, Stock Secrets, Inc.
“I’ve spoken to a thousand copywriters over the years and Bob Bly is the best. He knows what he’s doing.”
--Joe Culotta, Natural Medicine Co. “I am happy to report to you that your piece out-produced the 4 other packages we tested against it. I want to talk to you about another project....”
--Nick Roumi, Pacific Coast Funding
“This is an outstanding letter. Really nice work!”
--Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
“Like the package ... the tone ... I think it’s excellent.”
--Bill Caskey, Caskey Sales Achievement
“We are very pleased with your copy approach because your copy seems to speak to the neurologist better than the copy in previous promotions. Moreover, your copy presses the sell better and more effectively. I really value your direct marketing copy capabilities and I’m thrilled to have you working with MedLink.”
--Jim Chacona, MedLink
“Just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank you for the hard work and energy you’ve poured into the Sinatra product package. You are a joy to work with.”
--Gail Diggs, Phillips Health
“Thanks again ... you did a great job.”
--Caleb Cherry, Capital Financial Media
“You are a genius! I rarely love copy this much from the get-go. You hit it on the head!”
--Sara Pond, Nightingale-Conant
“The original ad insert of 'Wall Street's Loss is Your Gain' continues to kick butt - pulls 12 to 15 subscriptions a week. Not bad for a $500 investment made 5 months ago.”
--Charles Mizrahi, Stealth Stocks
“As a marketing professional, for 17 years I wrote my own promotional material. But I am not a professional copywriter. It wasn't until I took my own advice that I started getting the results I deserved. With Bob Bly, I got what I wanted - in the promised time frame - with re-writes - and the results I wanted. Thanks, Bob!”
--Mark Amtower, Amtower & Company
“I found your ad copy compelling, powerful ...even entertaining. You really communicated the ‘feel' of the message we are selling. Thanks for such great work, Bob!”
--Ashley Earnhardt Aiken, Thomas Nelson Publishers
“Bob wrote the most ballsy ad in the history of Dynamic Changes and it set sales records this fall. People couldn't stop themselves from responding.”
--Richard Scheffren, Dynamic Changes Hypnosis
“Last year you did all the copy on the What Would Jesus Eat brochure. It was wonderful and I believe is one of the reasons that the book continues to do so very well.”
--Pamela Clements, Thomas Nelson Publishers
“Your work for me is outstanding.”
--Thomas Massie, BRIDGELINE Software
“Your copy looks great. Thank you for the great job. I want you to know that one of the things I'm grateful for this year is meeting you and developing a relationship which is beneficial to both of us.”
--Jack McDonough, U.S. Tax Corporation